In the Month of March, following topics were covered in Discovery Science Center of Michigan Valley Education:
How Things Work Series : Students are making model of Ships
- The Model will teach the different parts of Ships and their uses
- Concept of Design in making things
- Importance of Density, Shape, Symmetry in Designing
- To learn Application of Archimedes Principle in Ship building
- To learn How the ships move using Newton’s Law of motion
- Aero Modeling Aspect Ration and Wing Geometry
- Co-efficient of Friction: To calculate Value of µ while calculating force of friction.
- Radians: The relationship of the Radian of Circle and Degrees. How to convert Radians to Degrees and Degrees to Radians
Movie of the Month:
Movie on different factors and elements in Water Cycle was shown. It was followed by a discussion:
1. Role of Hydrogen bonding during changes of different forms of water.
2. When Clouds go up in atmosphere, why they don’t escape in space.
- Regular Expression: ‘Alternatives’ and ‘Anchors’
- Regular Expression: ‘Special Syntax with Parentheses’
- Search practices into xml file through Regular Expression
- Introduction to database : Use of database, Database Software and Languages
- Introduction to MySQL: DDL and DML, Where/How to write T_SQL Queries
- Creating Sound in Programs
- Dice Game