In the Month of January, following topics were covered in Discovery Science Center of Michigan Valley Education:
Integers: 8th and 9th January Students number 5 From class 4-6
The Integers operations were taught. Subtraction, Multiplication and Division. The Practicality of the multiplication of negative integers with negative integers were taught to students. Also they learnt as to the difference between -2 X 3 and 3 X -2. Although the product is same, but the meaning of both the statements are different. It was also taught as to why the Negative integers are made.
Decimals: 14th , 15th 21st and 22nd January Students number 5 From class 4-6
Decimal Place Value Charts were taught. It was described as to what is decimal, by representing them in Grids. Grids were made to Learn operations in decimals. After every operation, Students were asked to derive the rules for the operation, so that they learn how to add, subtract, multiply and divide decimal numbers.
Division of decimal number by decimal number, decimal numbers by whole numbers and whole numbers by decimal numbers, what it means and how it is done.
How Things Work series : 27th and 28th January Students number 5 From class 4-6
- The students are given books to read of How things works for ship, clock, telephone and Television.
- They have to make chart of history of this inventions and then how it works
Data Analytics in Excel Covers the following Topics: 8th and 9th January. Students number 10 from class 7-8
- Making and Using different types of Charts.
Practical Mathematics: Data Analytics in Excel Covers the following Topics: 14th and 15th January. Students number 10 from class 7-8
Topic: logarithms practiced.
21th and 22th January. Students number 10 from class 7-8
Concept of Aero Dynamics and Lift of Flight. Law of lift and different coefficients used. Incorrect theories of lift is also discussed.
27th and 28th January :Students number 10 from class 7-8
Use of Constants and Coefficients in Mathematics and Physics was taught and discussed
Movie of the Month:
- Buoyancy: Floating and Sinking of objects depends on shape and density and not on weight as it is generally thought.
- Sound: How sound is produced, visualizing sound and how outs ears hear
- Heat Energy
- Surface Tension
Special Show :
Viewing the Blue Moon through telescope a community program on 31st January. 20 Students of Neighbourhood enjoyed the Telescopic show.
- Hands on OOPs with employee class
- Hands on OOPs with DOG class
- Regular Expressions and Match Class
- Regular Expression, Replace Function, Match Vs Search Function and Programs
- Program on Fire Crackers
- Program on Satellite to Mars